60 YEARS


Just a few days ago my grandparents (Noni and Nono) celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary!! hooray!! Congratulations to them!

Of course my mom, being the great party hostess she is, decided to have a party for them. We invited my grandparents siblings and a few cousins and had a wonderful time talking and looking at old pictures. My mom and aunt made a nice meal with lots of tasty h'ors doeuvres. And of course she had fancy dessert of cream, custard, and strawberries in a chocolate cup, different types of cookies, and a cake made by me!

My mom asked me to do a two level cake that had 60 on it. Pretty simple, so I jazzed it up with small gumpaste flowers around the sides, cornelli lace in buttercream, and a large gumpaste flower on top. Of course everything was in blue because that is my Noni's favourite colour. It was chocolate cake with chocolate gnache filling and my moom made a raspberry coulis (coo-lee not coo-liss as my mom couldn't stop saying!) to be served with it. It was completely iced in a vanilla swiss buttercream and was yum yum yummy!

Here is the lovely couple on their anniversary (with the cake) and on their wedding day 60 years ago! ENJOY!

No comments: