So I'm back at GBC and things are about to start full swing this week; we will be using the new baking labs for the first time! I really can't wait! They are now totally re-done with new ovens, blast freezers, proofers and we now have group stations where we have our own mixers, fridges, storage space, etc... YAYYYYY!

Our first three projects have been preserves, souffles, and cocoa painting. Kristen and I, in our first week, made apricot and jalapeno jelly (soooo good), raspberry jam with chambord, and strawberry pat de fruit. 

The next week the souffles we made were chocolate with pear port compote and savory with egg, spinach, and parmesan (also sooooo good, I think I had 4!) 

Week three we did cocoa painting. For my design I wanted to do something with a harvest theme, since it is the season, and I chose grapes. We went to a winery two days before for a wine tour and that was what inspired me. Here it is, Enjoy!

1 comment:

N|ck C said...

this is the .. ermm..pancake? that you wouldnt let me eat =.=