Chocolate Competition




I really can't believe how much God has blessed me this year! In my latest big blessing, I have won another contest at school.
A few weeks ago we had a Lindt chocolate competition at George Brown and I decided to make a festive christmas piece with snow tipped pine cones, berries, and a bow. It was a bit tricky and worrisome to complete but I was quite happy with the end result and so were the teachers and judges. My birthday was the first day of judging to pick the top three of each class, it was a wonderful present to find out that I had made it. The next day the top three from each of five classes (including two ties) were set up in the school for all to see and then they were judges by new judges. Out of the top 17 competitors the third place went to my friend Julia who made a white chocolate ball, swirled with dark chocolate and it had cute butterflies on top. The second place went to another student from my class, Sarah, who made an amazing 'surf wave' by making different layers of dark, milk, and white chocolate at different lengths to create the curve. It was Really cool! First place went to my pine cone display. We also made some small chocolates to be displayed and they were: ginger white chocolate ganache dipped in dark chocolate, dark chocolate filled with coffee chocolate caramel, lime coconut truffles in white chocolate, and turtles. ENJOY!

No comments: