Sister Birthday Cake/Placement


On October 15th I blogged about a birthday cake I made for a second cousin once removed. Now I am blogging about one for her sister! Amanda (the other sister) just turned 24 this week and asked me to do a cake for her. She asked for it to be blue (to match her dress) with a bow on top, similar to the one I made for her sister. So I created a present cake in blue with a lighter blue bow, outlined with silver. It also has light blue polka dots masked with a silver finish and a white fondant gift tag. The cake is vanilla with vanilla custard. ENJOY!

LIFE UPDATE:
Right now I am currently doing my co-op/externship placement instead of studying at GBC. It is for the first seven weeks of the semester and then I will be heading back to GBC for the last seven weeks (then Im graduating! wow!). For the end of semester at GBC we will be learning about artisan breads, sugar work, and wedding cakes. I am very excited for each of these areas but being back at GBC means I will be leaving my placement. I am doing it at Bake: dessert co. here in Toronto and God has so greatly blessed me with this place. I have only been there for two weeks so far and I already feel so at home. The business is run by a mother and daughter team and they have three other women employees but they all seem like family. Everyone there is kind, funny, caring, and so eager to help me learn; I absolutely love it!!

No comments: