Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

Today I decided to break my baking fast (due to the extremely hot weather) by making banana chocolate chip muffins.
I purchased some porridge oats that had a combination of oats, wheat bran, oat bran, and flaxseed; this was inspiration along with some butter milk we had in the fridge. First I mixed together unbleached flour, baking soda, cinnamon, wheat bran, salt, and chocolate chips. Next I blended together canola oil, bananas (frozen, then thawed), butter milk, honey, vanilla, and brown sugar. In a third bowl I whipped up some egg whites and brown sugar until soft peaks formed.

To the wet ingredients I added 1/3 of the whipped egg whites then all of the flour and mixed it until half incorporated. I then folded in the rest of the whipped egg whites until just blended. I scooped into a greased and floured muffin tin filling the cups to the top. Bake time was 13 minutes. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Bryan said...

I did!!!!