Wedding Cupcakes

Over the past few years cupcakes have become a very popular choice for weddings instead of a full cake. The last two wedding orders I had show that this trend is true, the brides both wanted cupcakes.

The first wedding had owls as a theme, so I thought it would be cute to have a owl on each cupcake. I bought an owl stamp off of etsy.com (a great website for handmade gifts!) and used it on round circles of gumpaste. Each cupcake had a swirl of vanilla buttercream, silver pearls, and the owl stamped gumpaste circle. I also made a cake for the bride and groom to cut which was decorated like a nest with two fondant owls sitting inside. (I only have a picture of the top cake)

The second round of cupcakes were done in five different flavours with five different designs. The bride showed me some designs she liked, told me the colours she wanted, and I put together similar designs with my own personal touch. These cupcakes had fondant on top and were decorated with royal icing and fondant.

ENJOY!


1 comment:

Meredith said...

Oh man this looks delicious! And your photographs are beautiful! Everything here looks great!
I recently launched my own blog, I'd love for you to check it out and let me know what you think! :) Thanks!
www.prettygoodfood.com