Paris Pastry

As many people know, my dear little sister is currently living in London England, attending fashion school. She was home for Christmas and one of the gifts I gave her was a coupon for coconut macarons to take back to London with her. We had some coconut Macs in Paris in the fall and she fell in love with them!
While the bags were being packed for her departure I made the macarons, using the extra batter to make a large macaron. Inspired by a great blog of 'Paris Patisseries' (which has me drooling every time I check it out) and the creative genius of the French, I decided to make my own large macaron pastry. Feeling tropical with the coconut and knowing there was pineapple in the fridge I went to work on my own little masterpiece. It consists of a Large coconut macaron shell, coconut buttercream, clementine sections, pineapple ginger compote, and lime zest topped with a golden 'R' for 'Rigo' patisserie. Enjoy!

1 comment:

winnie truong said...

this was sooooooooo delicioussssssss

love love love this
and you!