100th Blog Post! A Review And A Major Change

Happy 100th blog post! It is very strange to think I have made that many posts on here since I started this blog when I was in college almost 4 years ago!

Looking back on my posts and creations captured in them I am very happy with how the blog has turned out. I do regret my lack of posting recently, mostly due to life changes and being busy.

I know I have said it before (as a matter of fact in my last post) that I am getting back into blogging but I have decided to change the theme of the blog from baking creations to my everyday life in hope that this will give me more motivation and subjects to write about. I will still include baking creations but I am going to add things like:
- dinner and other meals
- more recipes
- life events
- my new Etsy shop
- things God is doing in my life
- other random stuff

So I will kick off this new kind of blog by giving an overview of recent events in my life. Up first is GETTING MARRIED! It was almost a year ago, October 15th 2011, on a very cold and windy Saturday afternoon that Bryan and I had our wedding day.


There were some last minute changes due to the weather but it didn't get us down and we had a fantastic ceremony and reception. My brother-in-law Scott and my sister Hilary put together a great slideshow/ video which was really special. I cannot mention the wedding without the addition of everyone's favourite photo of the day: Our parents


The next event is the opening of my ETSY SHOP. Etsy is a place for craft makers and vintage collectors to sell their items. It is a fantastic community of people and you can find wonderful, unique, one-of-a-kind items. I highly suggest you have a look as there are many great gift ideas on the site. Here are a few of my own creations:




I decided to start up an Etsy shop for something to do and a way to make a few extra dollars while I am at home. I am currently a stay at home house wife for two reasons, the first of which is that I am PREGNANT! This is not news to most people as I am already 6 months along. It is really exciting to be pregnant for the first time and there is a lot of discovery along the way. Of course our family is really excited as this is the first grandchild on both sides. December is sure to be a whirl wind!

The second reason I am a stay at home house wife is much more personal but I think it is important to be shared. I have been struggling with a combined EATING DISORDER for almost 4 years. Anorexia and binge eating are quite the terrible combination and not something I ever wish anyone would deal with. Eating became an unbelievable struggle and obsession for me and it took over my life. I prayed too many times to count that I would be healed from the disorders and at times I wanted to give up hope of ever changing. Thankfully I knew that God is GOOD and he had a plan through it all so I kept praying and hoping. Bryan has been the best possible person in my life to help me with it and he never gave up on me. I can thankfully say that I feel I am fully recovering from these struggles and I feel that not only my eating but also my mind has changed for the better. PRAISE THE LORD!

The last recent even that I will add in is that Bryan and I BOUGHT A HOUSE in July! We are Hamilton home owners! This has been a very big event and has brought a large number of projects. Bathroom renovations, painting, baseboard re-doing, etc.... it seems like an endless list of things to be done. Thankfully we have great family to help and show us how to make our improvements.

So these are the things that have happened and I will try to keep you updated with the current events. Thanks for reading!

P.s. we are having a boy!


No comments: